Special X, LLC
Last Updated: July 25, 2018
We reserve the right to change this policy. However, we will not change this policy in a manner that materially alters our use of personal information about you as posted at the time the information was collected, unless we are required to do so by law.
We have a separate Terms of Service agreement, which governs your use of the Services, and which you must sign in order to use the Services.
Who We Are
The mission of Special X is to help every child with special needs reach their full potential. We will do this by building a parent-centric software platform that delivers precision care across health, education and wellness. Over time, the platform will combine knowledge about each child’s specific needs with tools that align the child’s entire caregiving team around better outcomes.
We are a Delaware limited liability company located at 3116 Federal Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90066. Our phone number is (424) 625-8340, and our email address is hello@SpecialX.com. We provide an on-line service that allows you to store information relating to someone with special needs, and to share that information with others to coordinate services for the person with special needs. This policy covers information about you and information about the person whose information you store on our site. When we talk about your information or information about you, we mean information about you as the subscriber to our Services, and information about the person with special needs that you store on in our Services.
What Information We Collect
When you visit our Internet site. When you visit our Internet site we collect information about:
- Your use of the site, including your IP address or other identifier;
- Your mobile phone or computer functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, network, and carrier information);
- The URL that referred you to our web site;
- The areas within our web sites that you visit, duration of your visits, and your activities there (including remembering you and your preferences);
- Your computer location, and other computer data, including the date and time you access the website.
We call all this information Usage Data. We may use various methods to collect and store Usage Data. These methods may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your computer. They include cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, e-tags, entity tags, and similar technologies that may be developed in the future. We may use these technologies for various purposes, including giving you access to our Services, identifying you when you use our Services, improving the performance, content and security of our Services, keeping track of your preferences, and tailoring what we show you [(including advertisements)] to your interests and your prior activities on our Services and third-party sites. We may also disclose Usage Data to third parties, who may use it for similar purposes.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn how to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features that make your site experience more efficient will be disabled and may not work properly.
We honor Do Not Track signals and we do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a “do not track” browser mechanism is in place.
We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities when you use our Web site or service.
When you register for our Services or contact us. When you register for our Services we ask you to provide information about yourself and the person whose information you will store on our site. This includes personal demographic information. We store this information in your on-line profile. You can change information in your profile by logging into your Special X account. The on-line registration process will indicate what information is required, and what information is voluntary.
When you establish an account, our third-party payment service provider will collect your credit card details and other billing information and charge your credit card account in connection with the account. Special X does not view or store your credit card information.
We provide various means of contacting us, for example by calling or emailing our support service, or filling out an on-line support request or feedback form. We maintain the information you provide through these contacts.
Information you Store in our Services. You can use our Services to store information about someone with special needs, and related information about family, friends and service providers. You control what information of this kind you store in our system. You can also allow others to have access to this information by giving them access to your account. We will comply with your requests to give others access to your account. We have no control over the uses or disclosures that they may make of information in your account. While our policies require each individual to whom you give access to have a unique identifier, we cannot prevent people from sharing identifiers, and we may have no means of knowing if they do so. You should therefore limit access to your account to people you trust.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to identify you, and other information about you that is linked to information that can be used to identify you. We may use Personally Identifiable Information about you to provide our Services to you. This includes:
- operating our Services, including maintaining, developing, evaluating and improving our Services, personnel training and management, business management and general administrative activities, and customer service.
- communicating with you about our Services, for example to arrange and conduct testing and servicing, to provide user support, to provide guidance about our Services, and to bill and collect payment for the Services.
- customizing our Services to your preferences or to showing you specific content that we think may be of interest to you, and providing you with information about our products and services.
We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information about you to others—
- Contracted Service Providers. We may share Personally Identifiable Information about you with contractors and service providers who help us conduct our business or operate our Services, or who provide services to you in conjunction with our Services. These may include, for example, our web site hosting contractors, contractors who staff our call centers, host or manage our user database or technology systems, provide customer support, and help us track and analyze the use of our Services. Third-party service providers may collect information about your use of their services. We are not responsible for the activities of third parties, or for their compliance with their own privacy policies.
- Affiliates. We may share Personally Identifiable Information about you with our affiliates, and our affiliates may use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with this policy. Our affiliates are companies that we control, or that control us, or that are under common control with us.
- Family, friends and service providers. You can store Personally Identifiable Information in your Special X online account, and you can allow your service providers, family members and others to have access to that information by registering them in your account. We do not control this access. You authorize us to give access to your account, and to all of the Personally Identifiable Information in the account, to anyone you register for access to your account. When you subscribe to our Services, you will be required to sign a general authorization that allows us to share information in your account with anyone to whom you give access, and when you ask us give access to someone in particular, you will be required to sign a specific authorization allowing us to give access to that person. You can terminate these authorizations in your account profile, but it may take us some time to implement your changes, and your termination will not be effective for any disclosures we may allow before we implement your changes.
- For legal compliance, including responding to legal process, responding and reporting to law enforcement authorities, enforcing our site policies, detecting and preventing abuse of our Services, or protecting our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- To respond to and mitigate security incidents.
- To process and collect payment for our Services.
- For dispute resolution, including prosecuting or defending claims by or against us.
- When we are required by law to make a disclosure.
- If you agree or opt in to our sharing your personal information with others, for example, if you agree to receive information or promotional materials directly from a third party.
- To aggregate or de-identify your information, as explained in “De-Identified information” below.
- For other purposes that we determine are necessary for the operation of our company, the provision of our Services, or the safety of our users. However, we do not disclose Personally Identifiable information about you to unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Please remember that we do not control the use of your information by third parties. If you allow access to your account by third parties, you can terminate their access by setting your preferences in your user account, but terminating access will not affect information we have already shared.
De-Identified Information. We may de-identify your Personally Identifiable Information by removing identifiers or by combining it with the information of other Special X users, so that it cannot reasonably be identified with you. We may use, disclose and sell de-identified information to our business partners and the public without restriction. For example, we may use de-identified data to provide research or reports about health; to inform the health community about trends; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested consumers. When we provide this information, we take measures to ensure that the data does not identify you and cannot reasonably be used with other publicly available information to identify you. You agree that you have no interest in de-identified data, and you are not entitled to share in any compensation we receive for de-identified data.
Information that is not personal information. We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, disclose and sell non-personal information for any purpose. This is information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you, or that would require access to other information that is not publicly available in order to identify you. It includes, for example, usage information (including your IP address), aggregated information, and location information that does not identify you. You agree that you have no interest in non-personal information data, and you are not entitled to share in any compensation we receive for non-personal data.
Advertising. We may collect information regarding customer activities on our website, our portal, and from our Services. We may use this information for various purposes, including keeping track of your preferences, and tailoring what we show or send you (including advertisements for our own products and services, and those of third parties) to your interests and your prior activities on our Services and third-party sites. We may also aggregate this information and use it to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest. We will not provide your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties for marketing without your consent.
Email communications. When you register for our services, you provide your email address. We use this address to communicate with you about our Services. We may also use your email address to send you advertisements and promotions for commercial products. You can opt out of receiving advertising or commercial emails by logging on to your user profile, or by following the “Unsubscribe” link in at the foot of an email.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
Special X and Special X’s Services are not covered by HIPAA, and while we protect the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information in the manner described in this policy, we are not required to comply with HIPAA.
We incorporate safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information, and to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and quality of your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information is completely secure. We cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
Information You Disclose
User Information and Communications
You are responsible for maintaining the truthfulness and accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. We may disable your account if the information provided is determined to be false or no longer current.
No Use by Children
We are a general audience site, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a site user is under 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
Accessing and Correcting Data
You can access and change or correct certain personal data that we maintain about you by logging on to your personal profile on our web site. For instructions for accessing your profile email us at supprt@SpecialX.com.